5km in 28:49min
10km in 56:32min
Fastest km: 4:54min
Best. Run. Ever.
I changed a few things today:
- I ran in the evening
- I didn’t run on an empty stomach, as I’d been grazing all afternoon
- I stretched before and afterwards
- I listened to an audiobook (Hitchhiker’s guide to the galaxy) instead of music
- I turned off the speed instructions on miCoach and kept only the most minimal updates on
- I paused for a quick mouthful of water every couple of kilometres
I love love loved this run! I had no pain, I had no anxiety, I didn’t worry about speed (and yet kept hitting speeds of 12km/h and faster) or preserving my energy. No stitches, no tiredness. I felt very efficient and effortless in my running. I really enjoyed listening to Stephen Fry (even though the Douglas Adams version is superior) and I dashed around Prince’s Park over and over as night fell and the paths emptied. I am so happy and excited!